Monday, November 26, 2007

RedBubble Review

RedBubble is somewhere between the Cafepress/printfection/Zazzle and Imagekind in quality and products.

Products


RedBubble offers paper-based print products including cards, and posters. They also offer T-shirts.  They offer a few options for framed prints at a very good, but not great quality.

It is hard to say who RedBubble is competing against.

Social art


Their website includes a blogging feature for each user. I don't think I'd want to rely on that. What if my account gets canceled? My site traffic would be zero. No thank you. my blog should be my own!  I signed up with it today, so I'm still learning how it works.

Payment options


They offer payment by check and PayPal (like Imagekind and Zazzle)

Adding products


I have only tried adding image products. It was easy to do so. I selected an image, gave it a name, description, tags, and which products to use it for and it was done. I don't see a way to make galleries. I didn't see any options for adding captions like at Zazzle.

See an example RedBubble profile and products here.

Conclusion


Redbubble seems good for those who want to quickly add image products into a free POD, but I don't see it finding its niche. Perhaps they will start to do everything like Zazzle or Specialize in print art like Imagekind.  I've decided to use a combination of Imagekind and Zazzle for my photograph based products.

No comments:

Post a Comment