Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blogger: Please don't shorten my URLs

It has been several days since I moved a few sites from self-hosted WordPress to Blogger and I need to add one more thing to my wish list.
Please don't shorten my URLs. It seems that although I can have decent titles, they get shorted quite a lot in the URL so key words won't appear in search engines if they use the URL for that decision. I'd shorten the URL to not use unnecessary words, but the interface doesn't have a field for editing the URL so please keep my URL relatively long.

I'm slowly making progress in integrating my 3rd site to blogger, but I'm still having trouble due to the 10 page limitation since my wordpress blog had around 30-40 static pages. I'm still trying to decide what to do with them, but I have time. I am still reviewing my old blog posts that were imported.

No comments:

Post a Comment