Thursday, August 16, 2007

Monetize your website experiment: AuctionAds

AuctionAds: Increase the bid on your site's income!

Today is August 16th. I've just signed up for AuctionAds. Why? well my Adsense isn't sufficient to be able to dedicate as much time as I'd like on my websites and I have heard that it makes some people money.

I've added AuctionAds to my 10 most popular landing pages on my main website and I've added it to this blog's sidebar.

I will also modify my main site's Dreamweaver templates and replace one Adsense link ad block with an auction ad. I've been using the maximum link ad allotment and I don't think it would make a difference.

My first impressions about their system is good. I was able to sign-up quickly and it wasn't difficult to get the code and put it on my site. I tested it and I later noticed that AuctionAds is reporting those Ad Impressions.

Like most webmasters, I like to see frequent updates.

If you are interested in trying out AuctionAds on your site click the following link: Try AuctionAds

AuctionAds is different from Google Adsense in two ways:

1. It is not contextual. It uses keywords that you place in each ad.

2. They pay you per action so it is more of an affiliate program than an advertising program.

Someone has to register, or bid on ads for there to be any earnings.

They are similar because:

1. You can select the colors that are displayed

2. There are different ad sizes to fit your site.

I'll later post an update on how responsive it is and if any income is generated using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment